Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the information we collect and to being transparent about the purposes for which we use your information. Most companies need to collect and share some consumer personal information for everyday business purposes, marketing, and maintenance of the safety, security, and integrity of their websites and other assets, and to comply with legal and regulatory obligations, among other reasons. This CCPA Employee and Applicant Notice (“Notice”) sets forth our policies and practices for handling the information we collect and use in the employment context in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
I. Categories Of Personal Information We Collect
When a person applies to join our team or over the course of a person’s employment, we may collect the following categories of personal information. If we do collect this information, we will only collect and use it as permitted or required by, and in compliance with applicable law.
- Contact Information, which may include name, alias and other names, email address, telephone or mobile phone number, personal or professional address, Social Security Number, driver’s license number or state ID card number, passport number, and other unique personal identifiers.
- Sign-In and Device Information, which may include username and password, account name or number, and other online or device identifiers, Internet or other electronic network activity information such as browsing and search history and information regarding interactions with websites and applications, our systems, and networks.
- Educational, Professional, and Employment-Related Information, which may include employment, employment and education history, professional licenses, marital or domestic partner status, date of birth, age, gender, classifications protected under state or federal Equal Employment Opportunity laws (such as race or national origin), medical condition or information, and health insurance information and policy number.
- Geolocation data, which may include badge access.
- Medical, health, and biometric information, which may include health condition information, voice recordings, and other characteristics that can be used to establish identity.
- Financial Information, including bank account, billing address, company-sponsored investment/trading accounts, company-sponsored retirement savings accounts, and information about your income and certain account balances.
II. Purposes For Which Personal Information Is Used
We process your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Determining your eligibility for a position with the company, including processing your application, assessing your fit with us or for a specific role, conducting interviews, carrying out background and reference checks in accordance with law, and keeping records related to our hiring process;
- Managing compensation, benefits, accommodations, leaves, and employment-related expenses, including payroll processing, managing salaries and expenses, coordinating accommodation and leave requests, managing corporate credit cards and expense reimbursements, as well as administering equity, compensation, bonus, and insurance programs;
- Managing professional development, performance, and conduct, including responding to complaints of misconduct, managing conflicts of interest, conducting performance appraisals, supporting career development, and managing whistleblower programs;
- Protecting the company against illegal activity and other misconduct, including by detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Undertaking activities to verify and maintain the quality, safety, and performance of our products and services, including product and service testing, research, and development; and
- Complying with our legal obligations, including those related to tax and anti-discrimination laws.